“By submitting this form, you agree that a licensed sales representative may contact you about Medicare Advantage, Prescription Drug, and Medicare Supplement Insurance plans.”
“This is a solicitation for insurance.”
Medicare open enrollment 2021 Click Here To compare plans in your Area
For 2021 coverage, open enrollment will run from October 15, 2020, to December 7, 2020. During the annual enrollment period (AEP) you can make changes to various aspects of your coverage. You can switch from Original Medicare to Medicare-advantage or vice versa.
During the annual enrollment period (AEP) you can make changes to various aspects of your coverage.
• You can switch from Original Medicare to Medicare Advantage or vice versa.
• You can also switch from one Medicare Advantage plan to another, or from one Medicare Part, D (prescription drug) plan to another.
• And if you didn’t enroll in a Medicare Part D plan when you were first eligible, you can do so during the general open enrollment, although a late enrollment penalty may apply.
If you want to enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan, you must meet some basic criteria.
• You must be enrolled in Medicare Part A and B.
• You must live in the plan’s service area.
• You can not have End-Stage Renal Disease (some exceptions apply).
Since Medicare Advantage plans or Medicare, part D drug plans can change drug coverage lists formulary and tiers each year, this is a good time to shop and compare plans to make sure you have the best plan. Your Medicare Advantage plan can also change their network of doctors and facilities, change the way it covers a medical service, add/or drop additional benefits like dental, vision, and hearing. Now is the time to switch.
What is the annual disenrollment period?
There is no limit to how many times they can switch, but the selection made by December 7th is final. Following AEP is the Medicare Advantage Disenrollment Period which is January 1st-February 14th. During this period, a Medicare Advantage plan member has the ability to disenroll from their current Medicare Advantage Plan and return to original Medicare and purchase a Medicare supplement plan if they choose. They can only purchase a new Part D Prescription drug plan if they disenrolled from an MAPD
Request a Free No-Obligation Consultation for Medicare open enrollment 2020