Commercial auto Insurance Arizona, Don’t Drive Without It
Many people often wonder if commercial auto insurance is necessary. Let’s put into perspective. Imagine that you are a salesperson who drives their personal auto for business. While visiting clients you decide to take them to lunch. If you were to cause a collision while taking them to lunch in the course of your business meeting your auto policy may not cover it. The same is true for contractors whose vehicles are registered commercially, with a commercial plate, they need a commercial auto policy. Another benefit of a commercial auto policy is that it provides coverage for any employees that drive or use vehicles for business, whether making deliveries, driving people to the airport or running errands on behalf of the company.
What Coverage Does a Commercial Auto Policy Provide?
Commercial Auto Insurance policies are a lot like personal auto policies in respect to the coverages they offer. Those coverages include:
- Liability for bodily injury to others
- Property damage liability
- Personal injury to you, your employed drivers or passengers with medical expenses and lost wages included
- Optional bodily injury coverage for injuries when they happen in a state, outside your home state
- Collision coverage for expenses associated with an accident, regardless of fault
- Comprehensive coverage for damage other than collision
- Medical payments coverage for hospital expenses, care, plus funeral expenses
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage
- Loading and unloading liability
- Non-owned auto coverage if you or your employees drive a rented or borrowed vehicle
- Substitution transportation when your commercial car is being repaired, and you will use the repair shop loaner
- Costs for towing and labor
When to Buy a Commercial Vehicle Insurance
If your vehicle is used to carry equipment to a job site, transport flammable or hazardous material or deliver pizza or other goods you need a commercial car insurance policy in place.
Drive an Uber or Lyft? Get a commercial auto policy, transporting people as a chauffeur, limousine or taxi service is not covered under a personal auto policy. If you aren’t sure if a commercial policy is necessary to give us a call to chat about your situation. We can help you determine if your vehicle use warrants a Commercial Auto Insurance Arizona. For larger commercial autos such as tow trucks, construction vehicles, cement trucks, semi-trucks, or tractor trailers it is required by law that you carry commercial truck coverage. Commercial vehicle insurance is crucial for protecting you and your business. Commercial truck insurance Arizona
Now What? do you need Arizona commercial auto insurance
The best way for Tucson, AZ residents to obtain coverage is to contact an independent agent like Blake Insurance Group and let us quote it for you. There are many symbols and coverages used that a licensed professional can explain to you in detail what they mean. You do not want to be stuck at claim time thinking you are covered only to find out you are not. Commercial auto Insurance Arizona